The TRANS-OKAVANGO is an epic, bucket-list, boating safari. Beginning in Shakawe, Northern Botswana and traversing the course of the Okavango River through the untamed UNESCO World Heritage site, the Okavango Delta, and finishing in Maun.
Water levels in the delta have to be at their highest in order for this trip to take place, thus these trips are only possible in June/July/August –water levels permitting.
Travelling by boat through the entire Okavango Delta is by far the best way to truly experience this water wilderness. Back-up boats carry a lightweight, yet comfortable mobile camp and all provisions, travelling ahead they set up camp for us each night on remote islands. Guests follow in the touring boats at leisure, enjoying the wildlife, spectacular scenery and fishing.
- Trip duration: 7 nights
- Aluminium boats with drivers (Number of boats varies depending on number of pax)
- All camping equipment
- Camp staff
- All meals
- Mineral Water
- Positioning in Shakawe (ie getting to Shakawe to start the trip either flying or driving)
- All alcoholic & soft beverages
- Items of a personal nature
- Private Travel and Medical Insurance
- Okavango Air Rescue (This can be arranged for you at a minimal fee )